Friday, September 9, 2011
Dinner last night and fill advice solicitation
Is this greater than 1.5 cups of food ?? Argh !!
Got the total blow off today at the surgeon's office. I now have 4 cc in an AP Large band (which holds 14 ccs). It was like pulling teeth to get that info.
I do not need to have liquids or mushies ~ I can go right to 'real' food and band rules. Without having to go back and reread blogs for 'first fill tips' or 'any fill tips' ... do you have any?
Condo pool is open until Sunday and we have no rain - yeah !
Dropped off return to work slip at work. Am getting screwed. Plus, the a/c is on so high I walked out 20 minutes later with a sore throat. I need to change my attitude and fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm just guessing but I would say that is more than 1.5 cups.
ReplyDeleteHi Cece, my surgeon was reluctant to tell me how much she put in my band, but at my second fill-the practioner who did it seemed a little obsessed with telling me exactly how much was going in-she made me look and see the amount?? I was told fluids for 24 hours, then slowly onto real food but it was all quite vague. By the way your dinner looks yummy-must try it:)
ReplyDeleteI was told fluids first 48 hours, mushies for a day then solid food... Ohhh that dinner looks incredible!!
ReplyDeleteWhat I wouldn't give to have to put my a/c on - it is freaking COLD here - I'm soooo not ready for this cold, damp, CRAP!!!
Have a GREAT weekend!
yum! That looks tasty.
ReplyDeleteI can honestly eat only about 5-6 chips..and the corn tortilla kind not the potato kind. Those are like glue!
But on bad days. Then all restriction goes by the way side I can eat chips all day!
Everyone seems to get different fill advice, my surgeon since liquids/mushies for the rest of the day and then see what happens the next day. I will be honest though, there have been fill days where I don't eat any mushies at all and just eat regular food.
ReplyDeleteYour dinner looks amazingly good!
I have always been told all liquids for 2 days then mushies for a day before solids but each surgeon has different rules.
ReplyDeleteAs far as how much you can eat...it really depends on what your are looking for. On some days I can eat 2 cups of food easy but on others I struggle to get down 1 cup. That's why I weigh and measure everything I eat. When I sit down to eat I stop before it's gone if my body tells me to but if I don't get my "soft stop" signal then I just eat all of the food and I know that I have stayed within the guidelines I was given (4 oz protein, 1/2 cup veggies)...Just my .02
Oh Cece, I wish you could get another surgeon's office - they sound like SUCH jackasses! I'm a little confused - did you get the fill? How are you feeling? For me, my clinic tells me, 2 days of mushies, then slowly back to reg. band rules, depending on how you are feeling. As for your dinner, I am still struggling with this!! I just try to get my 3 oz protein, and average about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of veggies, and maybe 1/4 of a good starch, like quinoa, couscous, sweet potato, or whatever. I try to stay at the 1.5 cup of food, and am hopeful once I get my next fill that I'll be able to get that down to about a cup...write me if you need to talk, k? Love you girl!
ReplyDeleteIt seems like everyones office tells them something different. I swear I saw my surgeon just make up the 2 days of liquids when I asked him after my first fill. Which is why I didn't listen....
ReplyDeleteA new attitude or a new job. Any news on the interview yet?
That's cool that you don't have a liquids and mushies period. And that might be more than 1.5 cups, but no biggie. How fast are you eating? That might have something to do with the amount you're able to eat. When I eat slower, I eat less.
ReplyDelete