Saturday, September 24, 2011

Returning to normalcy

As if there is such a thing as 'normal'.  But, as Saturday's go .. I think this is about as normal as I can get.


Up early (so that when I take an afternoon nap - there is no guilt), laundry, some baking (not eating - it's for Professor and my coworkers ... oh, I am pathetic).  Going to the library to return the first season of True Blood .  I find myself sliding into Bill's diction after watching the show.  Having a girlfriend come over for coffee and my morning will be complete.


I'm considering zooming down to my surgeon's for a small fill.  My fill two weeks ago was a total of 4ccs.  When I had surgery, he put in 3.  At the time of first fill, 2 had 'absorbed' and they added 3 for a total of 4.  I'm doing ok with the restriction but I'm almost sure I'm going to Germany to see my sister in two weeks so I don't want to be bothered during flying, trip, etc. (I'll channel my inner Nora - http://atravelingbandita.blogspot.com/) and hope for the best.  


Which leads me to my last point - I need new jeans !  I hate to buy jeans.  I simply want to fit into my size 16W-short size (have three of the same pair).  I certainly can't fit into them now but I can dream.  


Any suggestions for places that sell jeans to short girls with fat thighs?

15 comments:

  1. Sorry - tall girl here with fat thighs - am a huge fan of old navy jeans... if that helps your search! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Old Navy jeans. They have a lot of stretch to them. They are so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Navy but the sizings are so weird! Sometimes a 14 will fit me and then in another a 16. Then neither! Pain in my arse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about Old Navy they are the best while you're losing. The sweetheart cut is great and you can get them in short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second everyone else, I love Old Navy. And if you don't, I find Lee jeans also run true to size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only jeans I have bought it years have been from Lane Bryant. They have the right sizing too. But they are not cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely with everyone else on Old Navy. I don't know if you have a Gordman's where you live but they have a plus size section and I can always find jeans there too! I say the jeans in my closet are all from those two stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lands End has lots of sizes and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Old Navy! This weekend is BOGO for 75% off, too! I just fit in my 16's today for the first time in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a WONDERFUL Saturday to me. I'm an Eric fan myself, have you read any of the books?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tall one here too... I'm sorry I can't help... I wanna go to Germany too!! I love it there! I won't cause trouble - you won't even know I'm there! Puhleeeeeeeeezzzzeeee can I go too???

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just realized I said true to size, but what I meant is my meaty thighs. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. My daughter is short and I just can't bring myself to say she has heavy thighs! :)

    The only place she can get jeans that actually come in short is American Eagle. I use to think AE was for teens only but I've seen a lot of women wearing them.

    Just passing along.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For me, through out my whole journey of losing weight, I refused to spend a lot of money on clothes because I was always dropping sizes, I started buying the Faded Glory jeans at Walmart, they are only like $13 a pair, they are stretchy and are great for short thicker girls. I buy the petite ones so they aren't so long on me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with the others...Old Navy Sweetheart jeans are made for curvy girls and they do come in short.

    ReplyDelete