Awhile ago, a girlfriend took her little lesson one step farther: would you talk to your (precious) niece like that? She went on to say: the next time you want to berate yourself, ask yourself: would you ever say that to R? Well, of course I would never talk to R like that, I would never say those berating comments to R.
So, along with all of the new habits I am trying to form ... being good to myself is on the list.


WOW!!! That is an awesome way to look at it. My husband gets after me all the time. I am so very hard on myself. Thanks for the new insight.
ReplyDeleteThat's right. Treat yourself like someone precious that you love, because you are precious.
ReplyDeleteCat and I talk about this a lot; the people you love best (including yourself) are the people you treat the worse and that is just wrong. We need to treat and talk to ourselves with love and patience. Trust me- I have to learn how to do this too.
Way to go Cece!! This is a huge thing - I struggle with it too, but am trying to remember that berating myself is not going to automatically mean I do better. Kindness gets results!! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHa, I love it (though for me the scale is such a good reminder of my success as well as my shortcomings).
ReplyDeleteAmen! Your thoughts and self-talk are so important!
ReplyDeleteGREAT post! We all need to listen to you and treat ourselves with respect.
ReplyDeleteI 100% agree although I really need to work on that too. I love your tattoo my SIL loves Hello Kitty
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm sure a lot of us could be nices to ourselves!
ReplyDeleteGreat post.
I love that you actually wrote on the scale. So cool. You are more important thatn that number. Keep up the good work CeCe.
ReplyDeleteYou ARE more important than that number!! Thanks for the reminder that sooooo many of need too often...
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this post!!
I love that!!
ReplyDeleteI think it applies to a lot of different things!
Like for teenagers..would you talk to your best friend how you talk to you parents..
or even yor husband or sig other. Sometimes I have to remind myself that just because he loves me unconditionally doesn't mean I get the chance to berate him!
I am going to remember this!
That's a great habit, one I need to get into myself!
ReplyDeleteSo true...definately something I need to work on!
ReplyDeleteGreat goal! I need to think that way too. I would never speak to ANYONE the way the I talk to myself in my head.
ReplyDeletegreat post. one i struggle with everyday!!
ReplyDeleteThat is often how I look at it, at least when talking to others! You need to apply it to yourself to, I guess! I love the scale!
ReplyDelete