Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIF

First off - candy bar update: went right to bed, did not pass candy bar, collect a small loss on the scale this morning.  I don't get too excited about the daily weigh-in but it made me :)


Only worked a half day today.  Took my car in for service - never fun. Came home and had a small lunch.  Still hungry an hour later until I read Ronnie's post and realized that I needed water.  Drinking water at work is so much easier ... 


Nora's post about celebrating, er ... I mean acknowledging her life in London ... which included wine and cheese has me trying to plan a nice dinner for Professor for tomorrow evening.  I'll be headed off tomorrow to a gourmet market and will hopefully come up with something. My Mom always says of gourmet markets: if those places were around when she was raising a family - she would have never cooked a meal (from scratch).  Expensive - yes, but at least I know the meal will be good. 


I'm lazing on the couch and Coco is leaning into me ... life is good.  And then I sneezed and she's gone ... life is still good :)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me, sweetie. Enjoy your weekend!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm the meal sounds delightful! I'm not really sure what gourmet markets are though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your mom..I do kind of get tired of eating out sometimes though and even the gourmet stuff doesn't taste the same as home-made.

    Congrats on your steel anti-candybar will. Mine is no where near as strong :)

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh let us know what you find to make!! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get on to drinking my water today, I had to get up and do a ton of chores, then go grocery shopping and I've only gotten in MAYBE 1 cup. Thanks for reminding ME!

    Proud of you for bypassing the candy last night.

    Let us know how the dinner goes tonight, sounds scrumptious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am anxious to hear what you made. I need to get back into cooking. I have been lazy lately. But a new eating Well magazine came so I am sure I can find something that looks cookable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great!! Let us know what you cook!! I need a time out from chocolate! Wish I had your restraint! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never have a problem with getting 100 oz in on work days, but weekends? thats another story! I think I did pretty good today, but I had a lot of salt yesterday, and tomorrow is weigh in day, so I'm trying to flush it all out before stepping on the scale!

    So glad life is good!

    ReplyDelete