Wednesday, July 27, 2011

All about the numbers

Even thought I can't count - I am 'all about the numbers'.  When someone says they don't get very good gas mileage - I put in $20 and the needle only moved a little - I'll ask how big is your fuel tank? Do the math.


Sadly, here's my math:


Last August - bought a BodyMedia FIT - had to enter weight.  From Aug 2010 to pre-op diet day 1 (10 months) - gained 35 pounds.


January PCP appt to February surgeon appt - gained 4 pounds.


February surgeon appt to July surgeon appt - gained 20 pounds.


For the love of all that is holy - my first 24 pounds will just take me back to where I was this past February.  


I am envious of those who say: I've lost XX amount of weight -- I haven't seen that number since the Madonna, Boy George and the Izod alligator.  Nope, not me - this chow-hound ate right up until her per-op diet.  


Scale victory for the day: down 15 lbs since pre-op diet start
NSV: cleaning out front closet with the mandate to not just move everything to library closet !


Poll:  how do you decide to use labels with your blog?  Where do you come up with them? Why don't I ever know anything when it comes to blogging?

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, it was really frustrating with me when I first started losing weight with the pre-op diet. I had lost 42 lbs the year before working with a trainer. It took me seven months to take it off, and less than two to put it back on. So even when I started losing weight, I didn't feel it was real weight until I got below my previous low weight of a year before. But hang in there, make the small changes, and the weight will come off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gained 15lbs before I did my pre-op diet. So no worries dear it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never use labels. I just don't...no particular reason. I actually don't pay attention to them on other blogs. I think I tried it once...heck I can't remember.

    Please, please, please...only concentrate on your indiviual weight loss journey. If you don't you will be angry that you are not losing as fast or as much as the next person.

    You are going to do great at this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use labels mainly for my own benefit -- if at some point I want to go back and read every post where I talked about protein drinks, for example, I can do that. I don't think it's any big deal if you don't use them at all.

    Congrats on the 15 pounds down! My bariatric practice absolutely will not operate until we lose 5 percent -- hence why I'm stressing about these last four or five pounds. But try not to think about your 'old' numbers. Where you are today is, well...where you are! Just keep on putting one foot in front of the other and you'll get where you're going! (Oooh, didn't know I was a philosopher, did ya? LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know anything about the labels either! Hints why I nevvr use them!! You can't let your past stop you or hinder you or make you think.negatively about anything your doing now. Now your changing your habits. Now your changing your life! You've lost some already! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't use labels either, don't know much about them.

    You can only journey at you own pace, don't worry about what anyone else is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the labels to sort my posts into categories so I (or someone else) can look at all the posts related to a certain subject. From what I understand it helps people find your blog too when searching by keywords on Google. Some people use tons of labels, but I usually use 1 or 2 per post.

    I know it was frustrating to gain all that weight before surgery, but it will start coming off soon and it will be a distant memory!

    ReplyDelete