Thursday, July 14, 2011

I want to be a nerd ....

I admit it.  I don't know what I'm doing with blogger ... for days now, I kept getting booted out. Wait, that isn't even right.  I wasn't able to even sign on ... oh well.  I'm back now and ready to post.  I even sent myself an email so that ifn (good Scrabble word) I got back on I could post.  So, without any further ado - my thoughts from Monday (which seems like a month ago):

Hughest NSV ever ... did not resort to stress eating !!
 
I work in HR and our little department has been cut by 50% in the past 2 years (so from 4 peeps to 2 - a director and me).  My most-awesome boss (hey, I was DUE a good boss) left mid-June for another job so I've been alone with double the work (which was on top of double the work).  Honestly, if I weren't going off on LOA, my company would have put off looking for a replacement for months ... anywhoo ... every VP, every director, the CEO and CFO were in my office today telling me that I was doing something wrong (yeah right - I don't think so).
 
I mean really ... who is the FML expert - you or ME ?!!  Who is the Workers Compensation expert - you or ME ?!!  Just because you read an article once upon a time does not mean that you understand the law.  Yes, the law.  I need a Director who will buffer me from the buffoons. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I do not envy what you have going on! I hope you get a good en in there, and how dare your good boss up and leave you?! You got her number? I'll give her a call and see what she was thinking! Good job on the no stress eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch yeah, it takes a special type of person to work in HR. I don't envy your position at all.

    Great job on your NSV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for no stress eating during a definitely stressful situation! Ugh. Hope those people get their acts together and learn to just trust ya!

    ReplyDelete