Wednesday, July 20, 2011

T'was the day before surgery ....

I keep checking the clock ... in 24 hours I'll be ... driving to my parents, checking in at the hospital, going under, etc ... I can see that it's going to be a long day (and I'm ok with that).  My original surgery date was 7/19 so I originally took off starting 7/18.  When the surgery date was changed to 7/21 - no need (in my mind) to add more chatting to an already dysfunctional work situation so I just kept with my original time off schedule.


I've been watch the Today Show since 7am.  It's now 8:40am.  They had one segment on high calorie fast food, now they are yakking on about steak BBQ with a korean twist ... coming up is restaurant etiquette. COME ON !!  Three segment (so far) about food.  No wonder we are so fat.  


Something tells me I'll be blogging all day ...

7 comments:

  1. I've found that television has more calories than any junk food there is! I have begun several books over this "liquid" period just so that I don't have to see the endless programs, commercials, and segments about food!

    Almost there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're almost there girl!!! Hang in there, I know today will be a long one with the anticipation and everything but you'll get through it...

    I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Be sure to let us know how you're doing as soon as you're up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blogged a ton before surgery, helped calm the nerves! :)

    But you're right - our whole culture revolves around food in one way or another, drives me nuts trying to stay away when I'm not "really" hungry every time I get around an abundance of foodstuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost there! I am so excited for u!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I've stopped watching commercials! Every single one is food! What the heck!

    Good Luck tomorrow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete