Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Transition Time Tuesday

Have you mentioned a recipe on your blog? Have I nagged you for very specific directions? I'm not exactly proud of my culinary skills at this point in my life and readily admit that lack of such skills certainly assisted in the crackeraholic and chipaholic which brought me to this very point.


So, here I am ... ready to transition from mush/soft food (which has been soooo easy) to real food.  I've been practicing chew-chew-chewing (i.e. cheese), putting down my baby spoon, listening for my soft sign (a ladylike burp), not drinking during mealtime, etc.  But now, I must cook. What what?


What were your easy transition foods when going from mush to real?  I know to concentrate on high protein foods and will stay away from bread-like products and sugar for as long as possible. (Sugar has never been a problem - but bread is a different story.)


As always, your support has been invaluable to me.  Any ideas would be awesome :)

8 comments:

  1. I eat fairly low carb (not everyone does) but here are a couple of my favorites for lunches: turkey meatballs (in the freezer section) with marinara sause and shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese, Boca All American burgers with Hormel turkey chili and a slice of 2% American cheese (tastes like a chili cheese burger), Shirataki noodles (tofu noodles) with Sliced chicken and Ragu low fat alfredo sauce (I know, idea of tofu noodles sounds gross but they really do help if you have the craving for pasta).

    For Dinner, I stick with 3-4 oz protein and 1/2 cup veggies (I eat almost anything...fish, shrimp, pork, chicken, steak, etc).

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a look at the attachements I sent you - I hope they worked! They will give you some great general ideas. Let me know if you want more specific ideas within that format, ok? I try to keep it as simple as I can...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eating fish, fish, and more fish. It just may become my favorite food! I had liverwurst for lunch today. These are mushie solid foods so they transition well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My go-to semi-squishy food is a taco bowl. I brown extra lean ground turkey and finely chopped onion, add a packet of taco seasoning and 1/3 cup of water, then simmer for 5 minutes. I place that in a bowl with a sprinkle of lowfat cheese, light sour cream or Greek yogurt, a good dollop of taco sauce, and if I have it on hand, some avocado or guacamole. Deeee-lish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ground turkey... put it in everything! And im making the cheesy chicken crockpot recipe again Thurs... its so easy and yummy! Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bread is also my weak spot. Ugh! :(

    You know all my recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chili con carne,curries,beef stroganoff,stews-to start with,mostly had my meat with a little sauce of some type-dietician's orders. Now I find pretty much anything goes,as long as I chew,chew and chew!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Portobello Mushroom Pizzas! Put anything on it!!! Chicken, shrimp, ground turkey, pepperoni....I dare say I don't even miss pizza pizza! lol

    ReplyDelete