During the hoop jumping phase of the lapband process I had to go for a sleep study and I now have to (or should anyway) use a CPAP machine. One of the things they track is: neck measurement ... went to the sleep doc yesterday.
Yippee ... I lost 1/2 inch in my neck ~~ now, don't get me wrong - I'll take any decrease anywhere but 'neck' loss really isn't at the top of the list of places that I'd prefer the weight loss to start ! Hello, I want to wear walking books one day!
Other good news - my blood pressure was 120/80. Allow me to back up. I've been on antidepressants for years. With a change in meds (a few years ago), I had to start taking bp meds. Of course, being fat probably didn't help. It wasn't until three days after surgery that I remembered that I hadn't taken my meds (yes, I know you're not suppose to go cold turkey with anti-depressants). Well, I hadn't seen any of my 'signs' of depression so I thought - hey, well see how this plays out. Two weeks since surgery (time is flying) - still none of my 'signs' have appeared.
Let me do the math: I'm still off work so I'm not stressed. I'm not seeing my depression 'signs' so I'm not taking my depression meds. I'm not taking my bp meds (just because). Hmmm ... even in my post surgery stupidity (yes, I'm still having it) - I can figure out the answer to this one. Work = medication.

A neck loss is a loss is a loss!! You'll get those walking boots!
ReplyDeleteA neck loss is a HUGE success!!! Congratulations!
ReplyDeletejust think if you have lost a 1/2" off yourneck you are probally losing other places as well :)
ReplyDeleteLady, neck measurements are important - they're a great indicator of overall body fat! Plus, you can wear smaller necklaces now. And I bet those collarbones are lookin' fine! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm still taking anti-depressants. Have been for 11 years. I'm hoping that eventually I can decrease mine as well.
ReplyDeleteCeCe- I am wondering if it might be time to look for another job. If your job is the cause for all those problems, it just might be worth it. Of course I say that I knowing I could never afford to leave my job; hopefully you are in a place where you might be able to find something less stressful.
ReplyDeleteHey, neck loss is a good thing. I bet your whole face is starting to slim down.
Any loss is a loss!!
ReplyDeleteMy husband has the lapband too and he is hoping to be off his cpap this November. I'm going to miss that blessed machine since I don't hear ANY snoring anymore. LOL.
Isn't it depressing to think that work can cause such depression and / or anxiety? I think I would be much happier if I didn't work where I do but I have the insurance so...I'm stuck. I had two weeks off in May and let me tell you I was a different person during those two weeks. Sigh.
Hi! Saw your comment on Drazil's blog and wanted to stop by and tell you that I am also in HR. I'm your newest stalker, er follower. Nice to meet you. :)
ReplyDelete