Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Keeping it Together, Tuesday

Hi Blogland !  I was going to post some work related carp (that's a fancy word for crap ... for any of you who have a Fancy Nancy in your life) but think I'll hold back for a bit ... hoping that some good work karma comes my way instead :)

Was at the grocery store yesterday.  Honestly, every time I'm at the store and I don't buy: Cheese-It's, GoldFish (buy 1, get 1 free), potato chips, wheat-thins or triscuits I feel INCREDIBLE !!  I have been a cracker-aholic since age 5.  Yes, I can easily trace back the beginnings of my food issues to age 5 (and the cracker cabinet).  I would love to be able to have a serving but there is no way I am going to even try to have '1 drink'.  Not yet.  Don't even want to try.  Don't even see a place for Goldfish on my child size plate.  I have only so many calories - I need to make sure that all (90%) of them are good protein, good for me foods.



Off to tread water at my condo pool.  I'm going to be bummed when it closes (Labor Day).  My gym had a pool but it recently closed.  They have other gyms but none of them even remotely close.  There is a Lifetime Fitness that has a pool but 1) it's expensive (surgery bills still coming in) and 2) I'm more than a little intimidated.  My 'old' gym had days for just women.  You could go on 'men' days but were limited to just the cardio equipment (which was fine with me).  I need to find a gym that is 1) near 2) relatively inexpensive and 3) geared to the Grandma.  Poof.  I did like that gym .... 



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Lifetimes, but they're just not economical. Too bad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And congrats on coming home cracker-less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intimidated by Lifetime as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya about the crackers sista. Seriously the Cheese Itz are like 2 for $5 right now and they are at the entry to the store. I pat myself on the back everytime I leave the store without them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might go on men day every day! LOL

    ReplyDelete